Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Different Ways to Eat Chia Seeds and Get Healthy

Raspberry Oatmeal Chia Parfait
The first step in improving your health and controlling your weight with Chia Seeds is becoming aware of all the benefits.
After you learn about the enormous amount of protein, fiber, iron, antioxidants, omega 3 and omega 6, it's time to get started right? But where do you start?

That's where I got stuck!

The second step in getting all those benefits is learning how to use these remarkable little seeds. After a lot of experiments and some research I found some delicious ways to integrate Chia Seeds into many everyday meals.
I was pleasantly surprised to learn that chia seeds aren't as fragile as flax seeds. Chia seeds can be digested whole and don't require refrigeration. They can also be stored for up to 2 years without getting rancid due to their high levels of antioxidants.
Chia Gel
The whole tasteless seeds can be added to smoothies, salads, oatmeal, chili, stew... almost anything you can think of!
As is that wasn't enough, chia seeds can also be made into a gel and used when baking and making desserts. These tiny little seeds will expand 9 times their size when they are soaked in liquid so they form a gel that has a consistency similar to tapioca.
Chocolate Chia Pudding

In fact, one of my all time favorite things to make with chia seeds is chocolate pudding. I eat it everyday for lunch to keep my energy up and mood swings at bay.

When the gel is made with water it can substitute oil or butter in baking recipes but the gel can be made out of any liquid so there are numerous desserts, toppings and healthy snacks that can be created.
For some great recipes and ideas, click on the link below;
How to Eat Chia Seeds for Health Benefits

What is your favorite way to eat chia seeds? Share any tips or suggestions below so we can all get healthy together!  

2 comments:

  1. i tend to sprinkle chai seed on my fruit, salad, with my lunch and even on ice cream. not a fan of the gel, it is a texture thing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly understand that texture thing! My family won't eat the pudding with me but they certainly don't mind me sprinkling them in recipes.

    ReplyDelete