Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Eating Coconut Oil

Popcorn Made With Coconut Oil
I have been posting a lot about Coconut Oil this week because of all the remarkable ways I have benefited from it but there is one very important thing I have neglected to mention. 
Eating coconut oil is one of the best things you can do for your brain and your body! 
I began seeing many reports regarding the numerous benefits of coconut oil but I am a natural skeptic so I had to find out for myself if there was any truth to them.
I decided to embark on a 30 challenge where I vowed to eat 3-4 tablespoons of coconut oil per day to see if I noticed any benefits or side effects. I have done this with other products before and I am rarely pleasantly surprised. This time was different! The coconut oil delivered all that was promised and then some! The only thing I can't be sure of first hand is it's effects on Alzheimer's because that isn't an issue that I face.
I can tell you that after I began consuming the coconut oil I noticed a dramatic difference in the moisture in my skin, my sweet tooth was almost gone, I experienced a huge boost in lasting energy, my metabolism sped right up and no more PMS! It was crazy! I used to get regular cold sores on my lower lip and I haven't had even the slightest tingling feeling since I started with the coconut oil.
My biggest obstacle in the beginning was figuring out how to eat it. I tried to eat it straight because that's how it was suggested but I just couldn't do it. I just decided to start experimenting and now coconut oil is part of my every day diet.

Coconut oil can be added to
  • oatmeal
  • smoothies
  • stir fries
  • popcorn
  • veggies
  • and many more dishes
For more information on the health benefits of coconut oil and different ways to eat it, check this out;
How To Eat Coconut Oil For Health Benefits
If anyone has any suggestions that aren't mentioned here please leave them as a comment below so everyone can reap the benefits of this incredible oil while enjoying something delicious! :)

4 comments:

  1. wow! thank you for the info! i know on pinterest there is a pin about over 100 uses for coconut oil. i mostly use it on my skin and hair. i also hear you can make coconut butter from just using shredded coconut and pulsing/blending it in a blender or food processor. it was a pinterest kind of day today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coconut Butter? I am definitely trying that! :)

      Delete
  2. Love using this stuff as a replacement for butter. Great for a spread on toast/muffins or using it in baking instead of butter. Not that I have anything against organic butter, I just find that it can be more expensive compared to coconut oil :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarrah, you are absolutely right. It is less expensive and I'll bet it will taste great in some homemade muffins! Thank you for the tips!

      Delete