Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Fun and Unusual Ways to Get In Shape

I know the term Working Out was designed for a reason.  It is work to get your body in shape and tone your muscles. If it was easy or all fun and games, everyone would do it right? Maybe everyone can!
 
 

For some of us, traditional cardio workouts just aren’t something we jump out of bed to do. I have a really hard time staying on our elliptical machine for more than 1-2 minutes whereas my husband can stay on that thing for 45 minutes and still like it. I may be an exception instead of the rule but I find running, elliptical machines and stationary bikes kind of boring so I spend the whole time watching the clock and thinking about how my muscles are beginning to hurt. It just doesn’t work for me.

Does that mean that I can’t tone my muscles or get my heart pumping a little faster? Definitely not!
There are many different ways to have fun while getting the physical results you desire.
  • Hula Hoop
  • Jump rope
  • Trampolines (full sized or mini)
  • Dancing
  • Swimming
  • Basketball
  • Playing Tag
Some of these suggestions can be done in your own living room or garage, with the kids, with friends or alone.
The idea is to get up, get moving and get healthy. If you can do that without dreading your work out, there is a higher probability that it will actually get done on a regular basis.
Maybe we could just change the name from Work Out to Play Time? It was Just a thought.

What is your favorite active thing to do and why? Your ideas will inspire me and a whole lot of other people so thanks for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment