An appropriate amount of stress can be motivating and encouraging whereas excess stress can cause physical, mental, social and financial problems in our lives.
Stress can creep up on you and simply make life harder than it has to be. When the little irritants begin to add up and the joy in life isn't as easy to see as it once was, it is time to stop, take a breath and ask yourself what's going on.
- Do you find yourself viewing the world in a very negative way?
- Do you experienced dramatic mood swings?
- Is your patience with others running short?
- Do you dread doing daily activities?
- Have your eating habits changed?
- Have your sleeping habits changed?
- Is it hard to concentrate?
Life is too short to spend it upset, angry or indifferent.
There are a few things each of us can do to reclaim the power over our personal disposition and state of mind.
- Accept what you cannot change and focus on something positive
- Avoid saying negative things for 24 hours. This is really hard at first but it gets easier I promise!
- Give yourself 10 minutes of quite time per day. No TV, computers, phones, kids or music
- Surround yourself with positive quotes and/or images
- Listen to calming or upbeat music
- Do something kind for someone else who doesn't expect it
- Find the positive in every situation
- Count your blessings
- Surround yourself with uplifting, happy people. Misery loves company, don't give it any
It may make tomorrow better and the next day even better than that!
How To Replace Stress with Internal Peace